- What measures have you/your organization taken to prevent child sexual abuse?
- Have they been successful? Why/how? If less than great, what have the challenges been?
- We have teamed up with Darkness to Light to help educate adults on child sexual abuse with their Stewards of Children Program.
- Can we keep our children safe with prevention training only at organizations? What else needs to occur?
Stop It Now®
“Stop It Now® prevents the sexual abuse of children by mobilizing adults, families and communities to take actions that protect children before they are harmed.”
For more information please visit :
http://www.stopitnow.org or Child Molestation Research and Prevention Institute.
Coalition to end Sexual Exploitation
A lot has to go into preventing child sexual abuse not just prevention training.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker specializing in Sex Addiction Recovery and I believe there needs to be greater availability of treatment for those with sex addiction issues or for those with sexual interest in children..
- There should be government funding for programs that support sex addiction like there are for alcoholism (AA) or gambling addiction (GA). We live in a hyper-sexualized culture (sex sells everything) yet there’s nothing being done when individuals develop sexual issues.
- There also needs to be more in depth counseling for those sex offenders released from prison to avoid repeat offenses.
If there was one thing that would make the prevention of sexual abuse a reality in communities throughout our country, what would that be?
Next » Early sexualization